CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Solemn Assembly


General Conference is always an uplifting experience, but today's was especially great. The Saturday Morning included the Solemn Assembly. In my memory, I haven't been through one of these. Basically, whenever a new President of the Church is sustained (in this case, it's Thomas S. Monson), a Solemn Assembly takes place. What happens is, each quorum and group of the Church stands up one at a time and sustains the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelves Apostles. First, the First Presidency stood up and raised their hands to sustain. Then the Quorum of the Twelve, and then both Quorums of Seventy. Then the High Priests, then Elders, then Aaronic Priesthood quorums. Then they had members of the Relief Society, followed by the Young Women. After each quorum and/or group stood up individually, they called for every member of the Church to stand and sustain the leaders together.



This was an amazing experience for me. I loved standing up and being able to publicly demonstrate that I sustain these leaders as Prophets, Seers, and Revelators, and that they are called of God to lead His church. I was overwhelmed with an amazing feeling when I realized that at the same time, millions of other people all around the world, speaking all kinds of languages, in all walks of life, were standing together showing their support for these wonderful leaders. I am so grateful that I was able to witness this wonderful event. It was just an inspiring moment for me. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

0 comments: