CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Well, I'm finally getting back to this blog business. I am so bad at updating! It's not like anyone actually reads it, though. Anyway, I finished off the semester (finals went quite well, considering I was so horribly sick!). I'm half-way done with college. Weird!!

Mom came up to Utah for a couple of weeks. It was great to spend time with her, although I was kinda in a bad mood for a lot of it. I'm pretty sure the reason was because J.J. left for Oregon. Prior to him leaving for the summer, the longest we had ever been apart was a week. It was so hard to drop him off at the airport. I was quite tempted to kidnap him and not let him leave!! Even though I miss him so much, it's good that he went home. J.J. has a great job and is raking in the dough. He is working as a human resources assistant for OCDC (Oregon Child Development Coalition). One of the great things about the job is that he gets to utilize his Spanish speaking abilities quite often. It's so great to hear how excited he is whenever he gets to translate or just speak to someone in Spanish.

After we had been apart for an entire month, J.J. came for a visit. On Memorial Day, my dad took our engagement pictures. Not to be biased or anything, but I think they turned out great! Dad did a fantastic job, and of course any picture of J.J. and I looks fantastic (haha!).

For the last few years, I've gotten strep throat and other sore throat viruses quite often. My mom finally decided to was time for me to get my tonsils taken out. In the middle of May, I had surgery for the first time. Let me tell you, that anesthesia is pretty cool stuff. I just remember giggling randomly as they wheeled me away to the operating room. I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out. Recovery took about 2 weeks and was quite painful, but I'm all better now!

It's been great to be back in the Tomball Ward. I've definitely missed it the past couple of years. The first Sunday back, I was extended a calling. I am a Primary teacher. I co-teach one of the 9-10 yr old classes. They needed another teacher because one of the girls needs some extra help because she is autistic. I really like my class. I've taught a couple of times and just absolutely loved it. Maybe it is a good thing I'm majoring in Elementary Education.

I told you about J.J.'s job...maybe I should mention mine. It's definitely not as cool as his, but it works. I'm babysitting a 9 yr old boy named Ben pretty much everyday of the summer. Some weeks I work more hours than others because he does a lot of day camps or church activities. I get a lot of time off as well, which has its pros and cons. It's nice to have a chance to rest and get other stuff done, but I also need to work as much as I can. That's pretty much the point of this summer...save money before we get married!

I guess that's about it. I tried posting some pictures, but for some reason it wasn't working. Here are a couple of links so you can see some pictures.

J.J.'s blog post w/ engagement pictures


Facebook album of engagement pictures

Facebook photo album of pictures from the summer

2 comments:

travelingtxmom said...

I hate to disagree with you but I'm sure there are other people like me who check your blog on a pretty regular basis hoping to see something new! Hooray that I saw on Facebook that you had posted, I came right on over. I'm glad you're feeling better than the last time I saw you. Sounds like things are moving along well and August will be here before you know it. I'm off to check out the engagement pictures, the one on the blog is great!

Megan Clark said...

I read your blog on a regular basis cause I like to keep up with things. Just thought I'd let you know you are read!