It is currently 1:34am and I am not asleep (obviously). I'm not sure why. Sometimes, I just don't want to go to bed. I always regret it the next day when I'm tired. My excuse is that I need to finish up some homework (like tonight, I was supposed to do some stuff for me integrated biology lab)but I generally get side tracked.
So tonight I went on a walk/jog with one of my really good friends. It's always fun to do this kind of thing with her. Sometimes we talk about really odd things, but tonight we had a very interesting conversation.
I'm not sure how it started, but we ended up discussing some of our ancestors and stories we knew about them. I told one about my great-great-great-great (I think) grandmother Margaret. She is an amazing woman in my opinion. She left her home in Scotland and traveled all the way to the US on her own because she wanted to join the Church and live in Zion. It must have taken so much faith for her to leave her older sister and her country like that. Wow. I wonder if I would have been able to do the same thing if I had been in her position.
I am so grateful for all the people who came before me and set such great examples. I have heard so many wonderful stories of faith and determination about my ancestors. I cannot wait to meet them in the next life and just thank them for everything they've done for me and my family. I hope that I can live my life in a way that will make them proud, as well as my posterity.
Who know exercising could bring about such an interesting topic?
Thursday, March 20, 2008
I do not like wearing my retainer.
Posted by Erin Despain at 1:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment