CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

yet another update...

Wow. I am definitely not good at this whole blog thing. I just can't stay on top of it. Oh well. I guess this means it's time for a very quick update. And since I'm lazy, plus it takes too long, instead of uploading pictures, I'm just going to post links to the pictures on my facebook profile.

November 2008:

My really good friend Alan (from Aspen Grove last summer) left on his mission. I went to his farewell. He will be serving in the Chile Santiago East mission.

I went home for Thanksgiving break. It was my first time back in Tomball since July 2007. It was great to be back! My family moved into their new house in October, so it was great to see it for the first time.

December 2008:

One night, J.J. and I went on a double date with my roommate and his roommate (Michelle and Jon). It was so much fun. We went to Salt Lake-ate at a fancy-shmancy restaurant and went to Temple Square.

Finals...ew. (Enough said). But the good thing about those is I am now officially a Junior (credit-wise at least). I still have a ways to go til I can graduate though.

Christmas break was so awesome. I loved being back with my family. One funny story about Christmas day... Our tradition for Christmas morning is that we (the kids-me, Braden, and Dallin) can't wake our parents up until 7am (and can't go downstairs to the tree/presents either). My dad always goes first to make sure Santa came and to light a fire in the fireplace. In our old house, the fireplace was only gas. In our new house, it's supposedly interchangeable. Christmas morning would have been the first time to use the fireplace. My dad couldn't figure out how to open up the damper or something so after he lit the fire and called up to us to tell us that Santa did indeed visit, all of the smoke alarms went off. And boy was it loud. I though I would have to get some hearing aids afterward! We (the kids) rushed around upstairs opening windows, etc. But we still couldn't go downstairs. Finally, the alarms stopped and we were able to proceed with checking out the loot Santa brought us (about an hour later than normal).

J.J. visited!! He arrived on December 27 and stayed til January 3. That week was probably my favorite part of the break. :) He was able to visit Tomball Ward (THE best ward EVER), and I gave him a tour of Tomball. haha. There wasn't much to show! On Tuesday, J.J., Braden, Dallin, and I went to Space Center Houston. It was a lot of fun.

January 2009:

I can't believe it's 2009 already!! I have a feeling that this year is going to be a big one!

Continuing with Christmas break... Since he was visiting, J.J. celebrated New Year's with my family. January 1st marked him being home from his mission for one year. (Sorry if that sentence doesn't make sense. It sounds kinda awkward to me.)

My dad's birthday was the 2nd. We went down to Galveston and then to Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge to see alligators. Sadly, there were no alligators to be found. It was still a nice outing though.

My 2nd semester of my 2nd year at BYU started on January 5th. I'm enjoying my classes this semester. My Shakespeare class is interesting. And I'm taking Doctrine and Covenants (the 2nd half) with J.J. Sadly, due to conflicts with my schedule, I wasn't able to continue with ASL. Maybe I'll get back into it later.

I met J.J.'s family a few weeks ago. (Well, technically last semester I met some of them-his dad and two sisters that are in high school.) I met the rest of them (minus his brother who is serving a mission in Brazil) in January. We went ice skating (and I only fell down once!!). His sister Kandis (a freshman in college) spent the night at my apartment and went to Church with us. I had so much fun. His family is great!

February 2009:

Not much has happened yet, after all, it's still the beginning of the month. I just had my first round of midterms. That was a lot of fun, let me tell you.

This past Saturday night, J.J. and I went to the Young Ambassadors' show..."The New Music Makers." It was so much fun. They are very talented.

This weekend is a three-day weekend (Hurray for President's day!). And guess where I'll be!! In Oregon! J.J. and I are flying up to visit his family. It'll be so great. I'm really looking foward to it.

I've had a great past few months. I'll try to be better at updating.


Photo albums:
Thanksgiving Break in Houston

Fall Semester '08 Continued

Christmas Break in Tomball

J.J.'s Visit to Houston!!



P.S. J.J. has a blog and last week he posted the absolute sweetest blog post I've every read. I love it. You should read it. That's all. Click here.


2 comments:

Cara Jones said...

So fun! I loved the update! Can't wait for your next big post :-)

travelingtxmom said...

Oh my gosh! I have been waiting for updates for so long girl! Thanks so much for this post...and the link to J.J.'s, which was extremely illuminating and sweet and absolutely accurate. It was so good to be able to see you at Christmas even if it was just for a little while. Hope your semester is going well, I'll look forward to more frequent updates! Love you!