CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. And I am happy to report that I have the greatest mom ever. She is amazing.

Here are a few of the many, many reasons why she is so great.

  • She put up with me calling her every single day while I was away at school.
  • She is very patient- I have no idea how she does it.
  • She is one of the hardest workers I know.
  • She teaches me how to cross-stitch and other crafty things over and over because I usually end up quitting in the middle of a project and forgetting how to cross-stitch or embroider or sew or whatever it is I was doing.
  • She is a great mediator/peace maker.
  • She decided to be a stay-at-home mom for me and my brothers. She definitely could have kept working, but she knew we would benefit more if she were home with us.
And I could go on and on because she is that good.

Our family has a tradition on Mother's Day. We (my dad, my brothers, and I) get up in the morning and make Mom breakfast in bed. We make sure the house is clean all throughout the day so she doesn't have to do anything. We make her a special Mother's Day dinner (her choice), she opens presents, and then we have dessert. It's always fun to do this for her because it's a small way of showing how much we appreciate her.

For my present to Mom this year, I made her a collage/scrapbook page of pictures of me and her and I framed in. I enjoyed choosing the pictures and making it. And I really enjoyed the smile on her face when she saw it.

Here's some pictures of us that I really like. (They're also a few of the ones I included in the collage.)

At my High School graduation

Before the first football game of the season
(also the day they left after dropping me of at school)

At Mount Vernon

At the National Zoo
(there's a panda in the background)

Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Betherd said...

First I love your background, it is pretty and my favorite flowers. And I am glad to hear that you got your album finished and that she loved it. Also as a happy note that you could give your mom, my mom said that she doesn't look any older than you. I am glad to see that both you and I are getting back on the blogging wagon. I miss you tons and love you! :D

Karie said...

What a great tribute to your mom!!!!!

Monica said...

You're right Erin - you do have an awesome mom!!!

Saundra and Hoby said...

I love these pictures! I miss you both a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing you both again soon. Love you, Saundra

travelingtxmom said...

You definitely are a lucky girl when it comes to the mom you have, she's one of the best. I love the new look on you blog and hope your summer job is a great experience.